Ok so I’ve graduated and ‘term dates’ don’t mean that much to me any more. But it seems like a good time to refresh my goals and just get organised with all that’s going on.
May is looking busy.
I’ll be at Chets (Chetham’s School of Music) working in the Practice Department for 6 days, 2 orchestral gigs, a wedding, teaching at the weekends, and a solo recital in Scarborough that I’m really over-excited about.
On top of all that, I need as many shifts in the bar as physically possible to help me get back on track.
So lots of practice is happening at the moment, and it feels great to have lots of things to work towards, I’ve also been brainstorming ways of improving my business and getting lots more work.
Current ideas include:
- getting a lever harp and busking on free days
- putting together a demo video to send to anyone who might give me work
- recording an album for general release
- emailing lots of orchestras, music services and schools with my CV and seeing what comes up
- looking into harp therapy and possible qualifications to be gained
- getting more teaching work
So yes, after a very restful and relaxing Easter holiday I am ready to throw myself back into all things harp-related. And I need to work out how to come up with the cash for a lever harp… all ideas welcome.